Products & Technology
Early rust-stabilizing type surface treatment
e-RUS™ is a rust-stabilizing surface treatment for atmospheric corrosion-resistant steels, which preferentially enables the formation of a dense, protective rust shield.
Applying e-RUS™ to atmospheric corrosion-resistant steel prevents the formation of "rust outflow" and shortens the period of color unevenness that occurs before protective rust is formed.
1.Early formation of protective rust shield
- Greater atmospheric corrosion-resistance is achieved sooner
- Period of color unevenness is shortened
2.Treatment agent is environment-friendly
- Completely free of chromium and lead compounds
- Visual harmony with the surrounding environment (rust outflow prevention, natural color change and harmoniously and attractive appearance maintained for a very long time)
- Enables long service life without repeated treatment when used with an atmospheric corrosion-resistant steel suited to the environment
- Reduces LCC (Life Cycle Cost) = Initial cost + Maintenance/repair cost
- Can be used as an undercoat/simplifies product blast processing
- Eliminates the need for difficult chemical treatments and water rinsing processes
Examples of Applications
Exterior view of a monument treated with e-RUS™. Since this monument is located very close to the sea (30 m away) and close to private homes, it was made using JFE-ACL490 Type 2 Ni Type high atmospheric corrosion resistant steel plates treated with e-RUS™ to ensure an attractive visual appearance. The exterior has maintained a very uniform look since it was installed, without any unsightly rust stains caused by outflow.