About JFE’s green-steel JGreeX™
- JFE Steel Corporation supplies green-steel named JGreeX™ with the mass balance approach(*1) to allocate emission reductions to any steel products.
- NIPPON KAIJI KYOKAI (ClassNK) as a third party has conducted a conformity assessment of the calculation method and results of the emission reduction and a partial Carbon footprint.
- The assurance statement by ClassNK can be downloaded from the link below.
- In addition, JFE will provide certification. Certificates include the name of customer and the amount of CO2 reduction, etc.
*1 The mass balance approach is in accordance with the Japan Iron and Steel Federation guidelines.
*2 There is a limit to the amount of JGreeX™ products which JFE can supply.
*3 Please contact us if you have any questions about the contents of the assurance statement by ClassNK and this page.
* Rev1:Corrected the date of statement