Tinplate and Tin Free Steel
Tin Free Steel
- TFS has excellent lacquer adhesion properties allowing use for food cans, beverage cans and general line cans.
- Excellent resistance to black sulfide stain makes it the most suitable material for making fish cans.
- Even when the same surface finish as TIN PLATE is applied to the substrate steel sheet,
it provides the unique surface luster characteristic of metallic chromium.
Tin Free Steel (TFS) is produced by applying electrolytic chromic acid treatment over steel sheets so that they are coated by a thin film composed of lower layer metallic chromium and upper layer chromium hydroxide.
- Beverage cans, food cans, all-purpose cans (18L cans, pail cans, etc.)
- Printed circuit boards, components of information communication apparatus
- Various other containers