JFE Steel Corporation
JFE Steel Launches Website Introducing Solution Business
JFE Steel Corporation announced today that it has just launched a website which is introducing products and technologies developed by the JFE Group related to ‘improving production efficiency’, ‘improving labor productivity’, ‘manufacturing high value-added products’ and ‘reducing environmental impact’ as a solution business.
Through manufacturing steel products, JFE Steel has developed advanced technologies including advanced digital technologies and equipment/control related technologies. JFE Steel will actively provide these accumulated technologies and know-how not only to the steel industry but to a wide range of manufacturing customers as its solution business. JFE Steel will also carefully select technologies developed by each company in JFE group, work closely together across the group and propose the optimal combination to its customers.
This website contains the following contents. For the first time, JFE Steel will introduce 6 solutions including products from its group companies and technologies as well as services that have been independently developed and have contributed to reducing the impact on operations and reducing costs. JFE Steel will continue to expand its solution business technologies and products and will gradually add them on this website, as well as introduce examples of providing solutions.
- ・Smart maintenance technology for electric substation facilities
- Partial discharge analysis technology constantly monitors various power receiving and distribution facilities to detect signs of failure.
- ・Technology to prevent the slurrying of bulk materials
- This technology prevents the slurrying of bulk materials that tend to go into a slurry state due to moisture adhesion, by adding chemicals to modify their properties.
- ・Temperature measurement technology that is less affected by emissivity variations
- This instrument reduces measurement errors due to emissivity variations which have plagued the measurement using conventional radiation thermometers.
- ・Electron transport layer deposition technology for organic solar cells
- The electron transport layer deposition, which previously took several hours, can now be done in a matter of seconds, reducing deposition cost as well.
- ・Technology for suppressing negative electrode material swelling during charge and discharge
- Suppresses the negative electrode swelling during charge and discharge, greatly improving the cycle characteristics of lithium-ion batteries.
- ・Air Leak Viewer “MK-750ST”
- The device detects a gas leak in piping, etc. and indicates the leak location on the camera image with a superimposed sound pressure map.
In addition to continuing to develop its own manufacturing technology, JFE Steel will proactively provide its customers with the technology and operational improvement know-how developed by the JFE Group as a solution business, with the aim of growing together with its customers.
【Figure】Website image （URL：https://www.jfe-steel.co.jp/en/products/solution/index.html）
About JFE Steel Corporation
JFE Steel Corporation, one of the world’s leading integrated steel producers, was established through the consolidation of NKK Corporation and Kawasaki Steel Corporation in 2003. The company operates several steelworks in Japan and numerous branch offices and affiliates throughout the world. JFE Steel leverages world-class technologies and know-how to produce a wide range of products based on its “Only One, Number One” strategy of focusing on unique and best-in-class products. The company reported consolidated sales of 2,255 billion yen and consolidated crude steel output of 23.96 million tons in the fiscal year ended March 2021.
# # #