JFE Group Privacy Statement
JFE Group Privacy Statement
JFE Steel, Inc. and the JFE Group companies in Japan (“the JFE Group” hereinafter) have formulated the following policies on the handling of personal information to facilitate the smooth and appropriate administration of Group operations.
1.Basic policies on the protection of personal information
1) The JFE Group will, in light of the growing use of personal information resulting from advances in data communications, endeavor to protect the rights and interests of the individual while also respecting the utility of the personal information it holds.
2) The JFE Group will observe the “Law concerning the Protection of Personal Information” and all other relevant laws and ordinances, and will endeavor to adhere to both the spirit and the letter of the law as it protects personal information.
3) The JFE Group will endeavor to appropriately protect personal information by formulating internal rules on the management of personal information and by informing, educating and training its employees on these rules and on all applicable Japanese laws and ordinances. The JFE Group will also review and improve this privacy statement and internal rules on an on-going basis.
2.Policies regarding the collection and use of personal information
- 1) Designation of purposes, appropriate collection and use activities
- The JFE Group will, when handling personal information, endeavor to designate the purpose of use as specifically as possible and will not collect or use personal information beyond this purpose without the prior consent of the individual. The JFE Group will not use falsehoods or other illicit means to collect personal information.
- 2) Appropriate safety management
- The JFE Group will endeavor to maintain the accuracy of the personal information it has collected and will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent illicit access to personal information, disclosure, loss or modification of personal information and other forms of damage and injury. It will also provide necessary and appropriate supervision to employees and service providers handling personal information to ensure that personal information is managed in a safe and appropriate manner.
- 3) Provision to third parties and joint use with third parties
- The JFE Group will not furnish personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual. In the event that the JFE Group uses personal information jointly with third parties, it will notify the individual and/or publish all matters required by applicable Japanese laws in advance.
- 4) Disclosure, correction, suspension of use and handling of complaints
- The JFE Group will deal appropriately and as required by applicable Japanese laws with requests from the individual for the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion or suspension of use of personal information regarding him or her. The JFE Group will also deal appropriately and speedily with complaints regarding the use of personal information.
All inquires regarding the handling of personal information should be addressed to the General Administration Dept. of JFE Steel or to the responsible departments listed on the websites etc. of individual JFE Group companies.